for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons Guacamole salsa
- 1 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed (1 an, low-sodium)
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, to garnish
Calories – 509, Protein, – 43.6, Carbs. – 32.1, Fat – 22
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the bell peppers and onions, tossing to coat.
- Top each chicken breast with a generous pour of salsa.
- Cover w/ aluminum foil or glass top and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Rest chicken for 10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
- Add a base of brown rice to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a black beans, corn, add lettuce, add cooked bell peppers, and onions, and sliced chicken. Add salsas and garnish with fresh cilantro, fresh avocado, and a lime wedge at meal time. (can save lettuce and add at meal time).
- Store in the refrigerator (and enjoy any extras immediately). Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.