1 1/4 quart (20 servings)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or soymilk
- 2 tablespoons Miso paste
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Kosher salt, to taste
Calories – 960, Protein, – 32.2, Carbs. – 80.1, Fat – 61.6
Calories – 48, Protein, – 1.6, Carbs. – 4.0, Fat – 3.1 (per serving – 3 Tbl)
- In sauce pan bring to boil cashews, vinegar, garlic, and carrots…add water until everything is covered. Cook until soft (approx. 5-10 min);
- Drain (AND RINSE) the boiled pan mix and place in blender;.
- Mix on slow and add 1 cup of milk slowly;
- Add miso, N. yeast, and salt;
- Add remaining 1 cup of milk.
- After all ingredients are added and mixed, increase blender speed to make a smooth, cheesy spread.
- Stores well in refrigerator for several weeks.
- You can add spices for a Mexican cheese mix, or use with scrambled eggs or broccoli.